Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hypothesis

We have pretty much figured out what we have, now it is time to predict how to separate it. Before you are allowed to begin your experiment I need two things:

Hypothesis and your experiment that is going to test your hypothesis. I need to check these before you proceed. Here are some examples:

In the balloon example I said that if I filled a balloon with  Carbon Dioxide (from my lungs) then it would have more mass than an empty balloon.

Your hypothesis must have: IF ____________(CAUSE)________, then _________(EFFECT__.

Then I would need to design an experiment.

First I will get two balloons that are the same.
Next I will get a triple beam balance.
Then I will fill a balloon with air.
I will then measure their mass.
I will compare my results.


No comments:

Post a Comment